Your First Pokemon Game?

Mudkip_Mishchief

Goodbye
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Carson, Mudkip
IGN
bbop
Pokemon Fire Red. But from there, I went on to play Platinum, and every Pokemon game on the ds/3ds after that

Biohazard

Cool Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
My first game ever was Pokémon Crystal. It's still a good game.

Grunt Beavie

The Magma Grunt with a Dragonite
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Beavie, Rosie
Time Zone
Atlantic Standard Time
3DS FC
0705-6289-4703
Switch FC
5531-8213-8624
IGN
Rhi, Cali, or Rosie
Pokemon FireRed. I played that, and picked Squirtle because my brother had Charmander. I pulled a Blue.

Rockie

Dark Envoy
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Rockie
Time Zone
GMT
3DS FC
5043-2301-9525
Switch FC
SW-0094-9126-2724
IGN
Rockie
My first Pokemon game at all was Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team. Loved it and I still do!

My first main series game though was Pearl.

HungryPiplup

Junior Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Pokémon Gold.. or Silver. I can’t really remember which one. It was after I begged my friend to let me play with his game boy in exchange of letting him playing in my computer with some other game of building a theme park. Then my dad naught me my first game boy color and I started to play Pokémon for the first time. I even remember my first team:
Cyntaquil
Pidgey
Bellsprout

DriftyAlison0

Rookie Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
Central Time Zone
3DS FC
3024-8099-0491
IGN
Drifty
My first Pokemon game was Pokemon Blue and I started with with Squirtle. This was back when yellow was not out yet.

I feel officially old.

Last edited:

SAF

Second Violinist
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
AKA
Sania
Time Zone
+7 GMT
IGN
can be whatever
The first game I played, huh? It was Leaf Green in a GBA emulator. That one game was sitting there in the computer and I didn’t even know that it was Pokemon at the first glance because the ROM file’s name was “Leaf Green English.gba”. That's all.

Ferret_Mustard

Spicy Ferret Boi
Emerald! I was still young and thought a Premier Ball was amazing due to it's description. I used my Master Ball on a Trapinch and solo'd the game with Swampert (Muddy) and Flygon (Goggles!).

Cynical Toast

Proud Gamer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Caroline
Time Zone
EST
Switch FC
4099-4174-0519
Diamond. It was a used copy and since I didn’t know how to reset the game, I spent a few weeks slumming it in the postgame island. I remember distinctly I had an arond level 33 Lumineon and I kept getting destroyed by the level 50+ Fearows outside the town I was in. Eventually I learned how to reset the game, and the rest was history.

Felly

not in love tonight
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
In the cardboard box in front of your house.
AKA
Audra
Time Zone
EST/GMT-5
Pokemon Blue when I was a kid. Charmander will always have a special place in my heart because of the original games.

Tetsuya Gengar

iTranquilo!
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Seto-san
Time Zone
Central Standard Time
Pokemon Blue was the first game that ever played.

juiccbox

local buffoon
AKA
Juice/Juice man
When I was like 7 I borrowed my friends copy of Pokémon Black and really liked it, and the first Pokémon game I ever owned was White 2. Still among one of the best games ever in my book

Paradox

The Return
AKA
Connor
Time Zone
EST
IGN
Connor
Pokemon Ruby in like 2007-2008. I was like 5 or 6. It was my sister's copy and she was deep into the game and I just remember being so confused.

My first own game was Platinum in 09. I loved it so much, and that's what started my love for Pokemon.

BasedJarrod

The Ruler of Space and Time
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Jarrod
Time Zone
CST
IGN
Jarrod
Pokémon Diamond, Yee yee!

Got it for Christmas the year it was released (probs end of 2006 or 2007). God it was so fun. Back then I didn’t even have Wi-Fi so I could only trade with my brother who got the other version, Pearl. So it made trades more personal and more worthwhile. Unfortunately he fell off of Pokémon around 2010. He had got Heartgold but didn’t really touch it which is unfortunate.

Calaf

Advanced Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
League Champion
Time Zone
GMT+1
Pokemon FireRed, back in the summer of 2004. I remember seven-year-old me training my Charmander all the way up until it evolved into Charmeleon on Route 1. Those were the days.

Thundawave

♪ Aroma White ♪
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Thunda, Regine
Time Zone
EST
3DS FC
4184-1904-4290
Switch FC
SW-2896-2294-7693
IGN
Regine
My first was LeafGreen, and I did the classic little kid thing of using only my starter (Squirtle line) and a Pikachu before realizing that I was screwed for the third gym. I lost interest at that point because I didn’t feel like training anything else. I finally finished a Pokémon game with Pearl a few years later. Then I went back to LeafGreen on a new save and got bored as I was training up for the Elite Four. Never challenged them. Kanto really wasn’t for me, I guess.

monandd

Junior Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
UTC-4:00
My first Pokémon game, and for that matter my first videogame ever, was Pokémon Gold. I remember spending HOURS and HOURS on my Game Boy Color, training my Typhlosion-led team, defeating the Gym leaders, and the surprise when I discovered that there were not only 8 but 16 in-game gyms! It felt SOOOO good when I got to Red in the end and defeated him. Such good memories <3

HoennTrainerMay

Beginner Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
GMT-4
My First is Pokemon Y. It was a success for Me.

Last edited:

Vaporeon

Breeder
Pokemon Yellow and Gold. I received both for Christmas one year.