Your Future

Screem

Sir Premium
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
+8 GMT
Switch FC
SW-4503-9262-0045
I quite often think about my own future a lot but I want to hear about everyone else's. What are you hoping to achieve in your future? Short term, mid term and/or long term, what does it look like to you?

Personally, I'm going to uni next year to get a degree, or graduate diploma, in cyber security so I'm able to get into a consultancy firm with my best friend and earn the big boy bucks to support the lavish lifestyle I so crave (I'm a fancy boy with fancy boy needs!).

Biohazard

Cool Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
i'm in high school at this moment. i'm working to get grades good enough to get a decent uni and work as a marine biologist in the future. i also want to get married and have children, preferably adopted, of my own.

colours

Regular Trainer
AKA
Angie/Angelica
I don't like thinking about my future a whole lot, because who knows what's going to happen? It's the uncertainties about the future that really give me anxiety, even if I feel like I'm doing the right thing in the present.

Anyway, I'm hoping to get into cybersecurity in the future, but that'll still be a long way off. Gotta take 9249024924 exams/certifications and all that first. @_@

Screem

Sir Premium
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
+8 GMT
Switch FC
SW-4503-9262-0045
I don't like thinking about my future a whole lot, because who knows what's going to happen? It's the uncertainties about the future that really give me anxiety, even if I feel like I'm doing the right thing in the present.

Anyway, I'm hoping to get into cybersecurity in the future, but that'll still be a long way off. Gotta take 9249024924 exams/certifications and all that first. @_@
A fellow cyber sec hopeful! When you do get into it, HMU. I'll at least be starting study next year (1 year or 3 year course, which ever I get offered) so I may be able to help if you want/need!

Ice_Dragon

The Fairy Dragon
Staff Emeritus
Time Zone
GMT +8
@Screem @colours

This is really interesting to hear, because I work in a cybersecurity consultancy! It's great to know that there're more and more people interested in this important field and it's such a great time to enter this industry. So feel free to ask if you'd like to know more about the role in general!

For me, I have a Computer Science degree and I've been fortunate enough to land a cushy job last year due to past internships and networking sessions. I like the people here and my colleagues and directors are appreciative of my work so I foresee myself staying here for the next 5 years at least. Beyond that? I don't have a set plan per se, but I've always wanted to try management consulting so we shall see where the future leads!

Revan

Wound in the Force
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Ravey, Steve
Time Zone
US Central Time
If you had asked me half a year ago, I would've said that I hope to be successful in my graduate program throughout the next several years and eventually become a professor.

Now, I have no solid idea, career-wise. I'd like to get a job that I would enjoy ASAP but it'll probably be one or two years before I'd be able to do so. Right now the main thing I think I'd enjoy using my majors would be being a high school teacher in physics and calculus if possible. I'd eventually like to get married too, preferably before I turn 30.

Matthew

Tech Enthusiast
Time Zone
Central
Short term, transfer to my University after finishing my year of community college. Long term, find a job in the tech field and marry my girlfriend.

atlus 2

biglilfella
Creative Soul
AKA
matlus
free employment

thank you, conscription B)

Screem

Sir Premium
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
+8 GMT
Switch FC
SW-4503-9262-0045
@Screem @colours

This is really interesting to hear, because I work in a cybersecurity consultancy! It's great to know that there're more and more people interested in this important field and it's such a great time to enter this industry. So feel free to ask if you'd like to know more about the role in general!

For me, I have a Computer Science degree and I've been fortunate enough to land a cushy job last year due to past internships and networking sessions. I like the people here and my colleagues and directors are appreciative of my work so I foresee myself staying here for the next 5 years at least. Beyond that? I don't have a set plan per se, but I've always wanted to try management consulting so we shall see where the future leads!
I agree, it's an incredibly important field, one that all of the companies in my state take for granted bar a few of the top banks and mining companies. Considering I'm hoping to work with my best friend and it sound very very interesting, I'm hoping to get into the cyber security risk team in one of the big 4 consultancies in my country (one of the best in the world, from what I hear).

If you had asked me half a year ago, I would've said that I hope to be successful in my graduate program throughout the next several years and eventually become a professor.

Now, I have no solid idea, career-wise. I'd like to get a job that I would enjoy ASAP but it'll probably be one or two years before I'd be able to do so. Right now the main thing I think I'd enjoy using my majors would be being a high school teacher in physics and calculus if possible. I'd eventually like to get married too, preferably before I turn 30.
I always admire people wanting to teach at a high level. We can never have enough teachers or professors in the world.

Short term, transfer to my University after finishing my year of community college. Long term, find a job in the tech field and marry my girlfriend.
Good luck with Uni! I'll be joining that Uni life as well next year.

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Ben
Time Zone
UTC -8 (Pacific Time)
3DS FC
3540-0538-1086
Switch FC
SW-1778-2704-5495
IGN
Benjamin
I’ll spend the rest of high school studying Japanese, and have it as my major in college. After graduating, I’ll move out of Oregon and become a freelance translator for books, TV shows, and games. Eventually I may marry and work at home.

Once I retire, I’ll do what my grandparents did and become a farmer. My farm won’t be as big as their’s, but it will be big enough to give me something to do.

theDINOsaurus

Golden Flower
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Dino, Christy
I honestly don't have a clue where I'll be in a few years right now. Probably still a nurse, but hopefully in a different area of nursing. I could see myself as a school nurse or possibly going back to school for nursing education or to become a nurse practitioner. Someday I'd like to start a family, which I'd ideally like to be before I'm 30 but hey guess we'll see how things go.

Lazuli

✧ Star Fish ✧
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Kaity and Bijou
Time Zone
GMT -6
3DS FC
3840-6615-2879
IGN
Kaity, Bijou, Lapis, or Lazuli (depends on the game)
I have no idea where my future is going to take me. In a perfect world, I want to work in a museum as either a curator or an archivist, though we will see. The thought of teaching high school U.S. history or World History still pops into my head from time to time, same with community college since I can teach history in a community college level, just not at a university.

I would like to get married. That would be awesome.

Finally, lots of traveling because I want to visit as many places as possible before I kick the bucket.

ninetales

Advanced Trainer
Staff Emeritus
Currently, I'm planning on studying a games design and development degree at uni.

I would love to be a freelance artist, selling prints and commissions. But a more realistic dream is to work in the gaming design or animation industry. As long as I'm doing something creative in my career, I'll be happy.

Mirage

Pokemon Master
AKA
Drake, Mirage, Izzy
Time Zone
(UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada)
As for me, I've been saying this for years, I wanna become a game designer, specifically with the creative aspect of it, like coming up with characters, story lines, worlds, weapons, items, stats, all that stuff. To realistically achieve that dream, I plan on going to college first to ultimately master my craft, then making my own small games second to get some experience and build up some sort of resume, maybe get a job at a much bigger company to gain even more experience, and then ultimately hire my own team and become my own huge successful company where I get to call the shots and make games for Sony and maybe Nintendo if they'll allow the games I wanna make, and maybe PC. It'll depend on the future contract I'll sign with Sony. I'll have no problem and even feel honored to sign a deal where I'll make games only for them, like Naughty Dog. I have a great mind and potential for this field, and I don't wanna see it go to waste. Now, this'll all take years to get to that point, and with my unique situation in life, there's a great chance I might never achieve my dream, and I'm ok with that. I'll be happy just to make my own small games if that's what I'll manage to achieve in this life. That's my ultimate goal and dream.

Other than that, I'd like to move out and live on my own and support myself. Other than those two, I don't really have any plans for all the other endeavors in life, like getting married. If I meet a girl whom I have a special connection with, I'll be interested in marrying her. If I don't meet anyone, then no big deal. I've grown used to being alone and how to make the best of it. As long as I have friends to keep me company, then I'll be just fine. If my ultimate dream doesn't happen, then I'll have other plans that I'll be happy with as well.

All in all, I just wanna create fun, awesome games that I'll love and that other people will love as well. If I can make a living making Pokemon, Zelda, and Final Fantasy 2D ripoffs, then that'll be a success for me. Of course I wanna see my greatest IP become a massive 3D game, but obviously that'll require a massive team. If not, then at least I'll have some backup plans :)

Pendraflare

Eat up, bud.
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Scott, Pendra
Time Zone
EST
It's hard for me to really say. While the thought of getting married and starting a family is an interesting one, it's a stretch, considering I'm 27 1/2 and haven't had any luck at all with that. But I would like to have something more advanced, potentially as being a newspaper writer or journalist, or something in that field. And maybe travel to places outside of the US because I sadly haven't done that at all.

Vonun

Tattoo Artist
AKA
Vonny
Time Zone
Time is an illusion
Im already doing something I have wanted to do for years now. So I guess I want to become amazing at tattoos and open my own shop someday! Other then career plans, I want a family and just take it as easy as I can.

~Kilza~

The Sun Has Set
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
Time Zone
MST (UTC-7)
I kinda have an idea of what the future should (at least hopefully) hold. In terms of my career, so far things are going alright. Currently working as a software developer, the company I work for is alright, but obviously idk how long I'll stay here for. Kinda just wanting to take it year-by-year tbh. Although the dream is to basically get a development job where I can work from home, or (somehow) end up working for the Oilers, so hopefully that's what the future has in store for me.

As for the future of my personal life, well, obviously in the future I want kids as I discussed in the other thread. So I imagine my future there holds some dating, getting a GF, marrying her and then having kids with her.

Dragonite

have they found the One Piece yet
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
3DS FC
4682-8983-8215
Switch FC
SW-8460-1905-2708
IGN
Dragonite, usually
Amid all the stories of crunch time and crummy management that have been circulating recently, I want to work in the video game industry. Specifically as a programmer, and even more specifically as an engine programmer, although that's going to mean I'm going to have to actually learn how thing like quaternions and physics simulations and operating systems and C++ work so I'll probably have to end up doing something else.

I'm currently in school for it, which is interesting enough, although having a diploma in game design means nothing and having your name on a shipped product means everything, so school is not 100% where my priorities are set right now. (Sorry!)

edit: also if anyone's hiring a professional dog petter hit me up.

Last edited:

smoky

afterglow
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
i really wanna get married. probably have kids some amount of time after that. i've kinda had this idea that i would get married young and have kids in my mid 20s, bc that's what happened with my parents. now i know that's probably not gonna happen with me so i'm fine with getting married and having kids whenever the time is right and i've found the right person.

other than that, i'd like to be a freelance artist. just doin my own thing while making art is the dream. i'd love to move out of wisconsin too. los angeles has always interested me as a place to live; as has brooklyn. not very realistic tho, so i'd probably just stick to where i am, especially for the first couple years of being an adult and stuff. when i wanna start a family, i might move; kinda depends on if i become more comfortable with the area in the future.

i'm also not sure at all i could change every goal in my life and become a mma fighter in greece or somethin who knows what could happen