Your Future

shhmew

❤ ❤ ❤
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Katey
i have typical get married and stable career desires!!

But honestly I have no idea what's in my future and I've stopped letting that scare me despite being in my mid 20s. there's no point in stressing over what would be ideal, because even if things turn out wildly different i could still end up happy. i just want to be happy.

Career wise, I've been working toward a graphic design degree yes and I do love creating and drawing and designing, but I'm not entirely sure that's going to be my final path. It's an amazing hobby but I don't know if I'll be able to make good money off of it. I also love food/baking and dream of opening a bakery. I mean. Who the heck knows where life will take me.

I do want to get married and have kids eventually, I do want to make a comfortable amount of money doing something i at least moderately enjoy (who doesn't), otherwise I have no idea and I'm super perfectly fine with that.

Thundawave

♪ Aroma White ♪
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Thunda, Regine
Time Zone
EST
3DS FC
4184-1904-4290
Switch FC
SW-2896-2294-7693
IGN
Regine
I recently accepted my offer for continuing my education with a master’s in Chemical Engineering. I’ll only need to spend an extra year in college to complete the degree. Since part of the degree requires me to take non-technical classes for “breadth, depth, and skill,” I want to take a number of business/decision science classes to fulfill that and to open avenues for consulting or management.

Still working on trying to secure an internship over the summer though. Job search is ruff.

Screem

Sir Premium
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
+8 GMT
Switch FC
SW-4503-9262-0045
Well within the next year I'm hoping to buy my first house. Talking about it sure is scary, but I know that my wife and I are ready to have a place to truly call our own. It will definitely be nice being able to do whatever I want with my house haha.

I would also like to have a few kids in the future. I know it's a huge commitment, but I've always wanted children of my own.
Yeah, buying your own house is pretty scary leading up to it, but congrats on getting to this point where you can start thinking about buying!

I own my house with my sister and we bought it 3 years ago (never thought I would own a house at 21) but now we just rent it out.

Mudkip_Mishchief

Goodbye
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Carson, Mudkip
IGN
bbop
I wanna finish up my AA, and try to have my BA by the time i'm 20 or 21. Maybe I'll do education past that, idk yet. The end goal is that I'm over in Japan teaching English as an assistant language teacher. I really want to get married and have kids too.

DozerZigashi

Junior Trainer
Some days I'm barely managing to make it from one day to the other, so I don't try to focus on the future much. I'm working on my 2nd degree and still trying to figure out what I want to do. It's being narrowed down by process of elimination, but I'm interested in too many things. I'm working on my teaching license now, but I'm also thinking of working towards getting a PhD in Rhetoric and Composition and get a job in academia.

In the meanwhile I just want to write. I've got a start-up comic studio that I've been trying to set-up for success. I'd love for that to become my career, but I'm not going to plan on it.

Either way, whatever the future has in store for me I'm hoping to have the energy, grit, and determination to hit the ground running and make something of it. I just want to enjoy what I do.

DeepSeaPrincess

Pretty Voice
AKA
Athena, Any variant of that
Time Zone
PST
3DS FC
0920-1282-6394
IGN
Athena/Sirena Usually
In the next two years I hope to get my Associates with straight As, so I can get into a good acting school on a principle scholarship. Maybe in New York, but the competition would be a little scary for that. Of course with my goals that's life soo... I want to get a part time job so I can continue acting but get some money and job experience. I hope to increase my vocal range to the levels I know I'm capable of, perfect my acting, and get my dancing down to become a triple threat (a person who can sing, dance, and act well for those who don't know). I hope to get down to 135 lbs and get to the healthiest my body can be.

Then someday after that I want to go to New York and achieve my dreams of making it big in Broadway and maybe even further than that. If I get there, I want to work all my life to inspire others and make a mark in the world. I want to show the kids without loving families they're worth it, show those who want to give up there's more to fight for. I want to show people how powerful love and forgiveness can be in a person's life.

I hope to propose to my girlfriend someday and live happily together, though when that will be who knows (yes she knows I plan on it someday, I gave her a promise ring and we've talked a lot about it). We plan to move in together, probably after I finish my Associates. But if all the CLEP and math tests I'm planning to take that may be faster than expected, let's knock on wood:) Then I want to have a family with her and have one baby myself, then adopt others. I want to help those kids to become the best adults they can be, and help them be the best at whatever they want to do, whether that be a great scientist or a great gardener.

I don't know how much of that will happen, but I'm working to make it as close as I can. And honestly, I could be just as happy being a stay at home mom and living a quiet life. It's more likely, but that doesn't mean I have to give up trying for the unlikely!

Also this turned into more of a post on my dreams than anything else haha

Last edited:

Godot

Coffee Drinkin' College Student
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Connor
Time Zone
Central Time
Right now I'm thinking primarily in the short term. Rebuilding the house is the first priority followed by finishing up everything at CTC. After that I guess I'll transfer to UT, try my best to get an actual degree in history maybe stay there long enough to get a doctorate. Apply for a job as a professor somewhere, don't really care where just not here. Somewhere between education and career, I'm sure I'll find the right woman for me. It's just going to take time. I don't have much of the specifics down, heck I'm not even 100% sure on the professor gig, but I'm only twenty-two, I've got time to figure this out. Maybe start dating, because I've never actually been in a relationship. The future's uncertain and, due to being the type to just go with the flow, I thrive in that uncertainty. I'll just figure it all out as I go along, one step at a time.

Dregran

Shocking Trainer
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
UTC +10
I don't plan my future. Whatever will happen will happen. The only requirement for me to be happy is that I'm surrounded by people that I love. That's already the case now, so wherever life takes me how, I will be happy.