Your Top 5 Favorite Games

~Kilza~

The Sun Has Set
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
MST (UTC-7)
We've all played a bunch of video games around here, and we like some more than others. However, the hard hitting question is this. Out of all the games you've played, which 5 are your most favorite out of all of them?

My personal top 5:
1) The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (N64)
2) Skies of Arcadia: Legends (GCN)
3) A Hat in Time (PC)
4) The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Wii U)
5) Metroid Prime (GCN)

DozerZigashi

Junior Trainer
SOMEONE ELSE WHO KNOWS THAT SKIES OF ARCADIA EXISTS! I'm always excited to find out when someone likes that game. It's a gem that i feel like not many people know about.

As for my top 5.

1) Skies of Arcadia: Legends (GCN)
2) Valkyria Chronicles (PC)
3) Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness (GCN)
4) Pheonix Wright Ace Attorney Trilogy (3DS) If I need to pick one from this, it'd be Trials and Tribulations.
5) A Hat in TIme (PC)

smoky

afterglow
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
This is really hard but I think I've decided.

1. Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch)
2. Sims 4 (Xbox)
3. Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp (Mobile) (I was thinking about putting New Leaf here but this game really solidified my love for the series)
4. Pokemon Crystal (GBC/VC)
5. Mario Party 8 (Wii)

Varhii

Shaggy Webber
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
AKA
SG
Time Zone
EST
1) Bravely Defauly
2) Pokemon Platinum
3) Enter the Gungeon
4) Civ 5
5) Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky

Vulture

that guy, you know
blaaaarg why must you make me choose

1. Oneshot
2. XCOM (all of the modern games tbh, though I'd pick Enemy Within if I had to choose just one)
3. Blue Rescue Team
4. Iconoclasts
5. DQ9

Flo

Seventh Siren
Time Zone
BST
OK Real Gamer Time

1. Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky
2. Persona 3 FES
3. NieR:Automata
4. Halo Reach
5. Dust: An Elysian Tail

Space

Beginner Trainer
AKA
SpaceRM
Wow, such a hard question... Well, probably i'm gonna left out lots of great games but here's the list that comes to my mind right now.

My personal top 5.
1.- Kingdom Hearts II: Final Mix (PS2)
2.- Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (PS3)
3.- Digimon World 2003 (PSX)
4.- The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Wii)
5.- Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos + Frozen Throne (PC)

Tried to summarize by putting my favorite of each platform

Zośka

Dolphin Overlord
AKA
Sophie
Time Zone
GMT
I play so many games, this question is cruel...

1. Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of the Sky (DS)
2. Rust (PC)
3. Detroit: Become Human (PS4)
4. 7 Days to Die (PC)
5. Pokémon Emerald (GBA)

Honourable mention for Generation Zero. I was lucky enough to try out the BETA for it, and even though a small part of the game was available, I gotta say that this game is gonna be something else. This game is gonna be an amazing survival game.

Dragonite

have they found the One Piece yet
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
3DS FC
4682-8983-8215
Switch FC
SW-8460-1905-2708
IGN
Dragonite, usually
I think this list changes every time someone asks me but

1. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (anything)

If I had to play just one game for the rest of my life, with or without mods, it would be this one.

2. Super Mario Galaxy (Wii)

Good ol' 3D Mario. (Grumble grumble Odyssey.)

3. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (PC)

is better than a shovelware title has any right to be. For those of you unfamiliar, it's basically Potter-skinned Zelda. Playing it on modern hardware is kinda unpleasant though.

4. Pokémon HeartGold (DS)

was the first Pokémon game I was exposed to (I'm not kidding) and therefore kinda defined what Pokémon is supposed to look like for me. The pacing is kinda odd but the aesthetic is ahhhhhhhhhhhhh.

5. Bravely Second: End Layer (3DS)

The first Bravely game was all right but the latter two-thirds of it was unnecessarily repetitive. Second did not have this problem. It's an 80-hour RPG which means business every minute of it. (Xenoblade Chronicles is competing hard for this spot but I haven't finished it yet.)

1) Bravely Defauly
I know it sold decently well (~million units) but I'm still surprised whenever I see someone else mention a Bravely game.

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Benjamin, James, Pemderp
Time Zone
UTC -8 (Pacific Time)
3DS FC
3540-0538-1086
Switch FC
SW-1778-2704-5495
IGN
Benjamin
My list hasn’t changed, but here it is:

5. Gyakuten Kenji 2 (Ace Attorney Investigations 2): In my opinion the strongest entry in the Ace Attorney series. Great cases, solid writing, and a fantastic soundtrack. Shame it was never released outside of Japan. Hope to import a copy once I learn Japanese.

4. The Legend of Zelda Majora’s Mask: The atmosphere and three day clock system really make this game stand out from the rest of the Zelda games. This game has the title of the only game to give me nightmares. That Link statue is still freaky looking.

3. Persona 5: “You'll never see it coming...” If the next two games didn’t have a strong emotional attachment to me, this would be number 1. The batitle system, the characters, the setting, the music. Everything about this game is sublime. This was the game that finally convinced me to get a Sony console. If you like turn based RPGs and anime, you’ll love this game.

2. Earthbound: Due to not being around when the SNES was still going, I wasn’t introduced to Earthbound until it launched on the Wii U virtual console. Dated graphics aside, this game is incredible. The witty dialogue and simplistic battle system always bring me back. Despite loving this game to death, I’ve never beaten it.

1. Shovel Knight: Can I marry this game? Despite not growing up with the NES, I have a deep respect for what this game is and what it represents. It’s hard, but never punishing. The music is some of the best chiptune music out there. Every song is distinct and fitting for the place where it’s played. It’s short length makes it perfect for replaying to unlock an achievement or to have some fun. If you like 2D platformers to any extent, you need to try it!

Null

#1 Yuqi fan <3
Time Zone
AEST
IGN
Aevis/Cube
5. New Super Mario Bros Wii - I spent a whole night playing this with my best friend and my gf (we were just friends back then :P) and I've grown to really appreciate this game.
4. Fire Emblem Awakening - I juggled this with Fates but I actually completed Awakening's Apotheosis so...
3. Mario Kart Wii - omfg i have more hours on this than Heartgold
2. Tomodachi Life - hehehe i love this game but nobody's married or even in a relationship yet... also i need to add 130 more ppl from my school oh god
1. Pokemon Heartgold - <33333333 i love this game to death and I got to beat Red PROPERLY a couple of months ago thanks to Azuri plays

SiNofTheAbyss

Anime Cthulhu
AKA
SiN, Mal, Shiny
Time Zone
EST
IGN
Sin (US)
I don't exactly have any truly specific reasons like other people, but here goes. Please note that these include a game that I've merely watched let's plays and playthroughs of, rather than playing myself.

5. osu! (Primarily the Standard and Catch the Beat modes) - I like anime songs, and I like rhythm games (kinda). osu! has both of them, and it's also the only game I sometimes engage in the competitive scene with.
4. Animal Crossing: New Leaf - I loved this game since I started playing it. I haven't touched it in a while, sadly, because of guilt and time constraints. The fishing, bug catching, diving, fossil digging, etc. are all so enjoyable and I like it for that reason.
3. Digimon World Dusk - Digimon games are usually pretty solid, and this one is one of the best examples. Plenty of Digimon to choose from, even more than most other Digimon games, and a story that actually gets interesting. Nice.
2. Tales of Berseria - Haven't physically played this myself, but I've seen enough gameplay and watched the playthrough to know that it would be one of the highest ones on the list. I love the characters and the setting, and it builds upon the world of Zestiria and helps fill in the holes that Zestiria had made. Really, it's fantastic.
1. Fate/Grand Order - Bias for the Fate series? Probably, yes. The first 5 Singularities in the Story are awful, writing-wise, but the events and later episodes are amazing, and the extensive cast of characters is full of fun figures such as Frankenstein, Heracles, the Hassan-i Sabbah, Jeanne d'Arc, and more. It's the only mobile game on my phone due to memory limits, but I don't regret keeping it as the one game I'll play.

PIKMANZ Forever

Pikmin-Obsessed Nerd/Geek Guy.
AKA
Alex.
1. SUPER SMASH BROS BRAWLLLLLL - One of my first games. And at my old local convention, we couldn't use Smash 4 for the tournaments, so we use Brawl. I learned that I'm a great Olimar main lol. Got second place this year. (Oz-Con is my convention)
2. Pokemon Emerald - My first ever Pokemon game (tho I didn't own it). I just...l o v e this game!
3. Team Fortress 2 - This game is just great and the characters make it better!
4. LittleBigPlanet 2 - Without this game, I wouldn't be in fandoms or be the person I am! Like. The Eevee community man. (I was StarEevee if you recognize me lol) It's also just an amazing game overall! Like. Wow.
5. A tie between Pikmin 3 and 2 - 3 means a lot because of Miiverse's communities (the English and the Spanish??). Like LBP2, I wouldn't be the same and it helped me find Pikmin Amino; my happy place. But 2 is wayyyyy better quality and story-wise imo (tho 3 is more pretty and I like the Koppaites as a species more but like the Hocotatians are way better as characters (except the President. He sucks)).

Rubad Ubdub

Pokemon GO delete this post
AKA
nus3bank, bncrock, BHDude
Time Zone
US Mountain Time
Here are 5 games but in no particular order.

Half-Life 2 (PC)
Breath of the Wild (Switch)
Link to the Past (SNES)
Mario Galaxy (Wii)
Final Fantasy VII (PS1)

Some honorable mentions:
Paper Mario (N64)
Pokemon HeartGold (DS)
Banjo-Kazooie (N64)
Halo 3 (Wii)
Conker's Bad Fur Day (N64)
Mario Odyssey (Switch)
Dark Souls 3 (PC)
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (PC)

There really are a bunch of good games out there. I could make a whole thread to every good game in the world. 5 isn't nearly enough lmao

JustCallMeBB

idiot
AKA
BB
Time Zone
Eastern Time
Switch FC
SW-8517-4377-3302
1. Persona 5 (PS4)
2. Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door (GCN)
3. Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky (DS)
4. Shadow of the Colossus (PS2/PS4)
5. Jet Set Radio Future (Xbox)

Pretty tentative list past number 3. Honorable mentions include: Splatoon 2, Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon, Smash Bros. (probably Ultimate when it drops), Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, Super Mario Odyssey, Super Mario Sunshine, and Madagascar for GBA.

Deva

"Regular" Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
US Eastern Time
3DS FC
4210-4539-8161
IGN
Deva
1. Earthbound (Super Nintendo). Stands out for the little things. Enjoys little bits of fluff. Example: Condiments. Add a Ketchup Packet to a Hamburger for more health recovery. Gains nothing from the Salt Packet, however. Considers these items awful, due to inventory issues. Appreciates their existence, though. Applies to things like the photographer, frightened enemies after defeating their leader, and maneuvering teleport as well.

Stays engaged during combat through rolling hitpoints. Felt great to sneak in a heal before just before falling.

2. Chrono Trigger (Super Nintendo). Credits the story heavily. Pulls off some unexpected twists and turns. (Hit especially hard at a young age. Never experienced a story like that before.)

Features excellent music. Went beyond good tracks. Enhanced the gameplay. Recognizes only three other games to do that (the game directly below, Bravely Default, and Undertale).

Handles party mechanics well. Learns combination moves with other party members. Feels like a team, rather than three individuals.

3. Fire Emblem Awakening (3DS). Provides a large cast of characters. Allows you to largely pick your favorites. Offers a lot of different ways to beat the game. Enjoys planning that path. Focuses a lot on choosing skills and "breeding". Usually feels rewarded for doing so. Loves a dose of random, regardless.

Lists this over Path of Radiance (Gamecube), despite the worse overarching story. Describes Path of Radiance as more linear in terms of character progression. Added a lot more flash in Awakening also.

4. Tales of Symphonia (Gamecube). Ranks high for the story, especially the main villain. Views them as sympathetic, although still evil. Understands how they arrived there. Acts that way for a reason, not due to being evil for evil’s sake or for pure power.

Never tasted combat quite like this either. Felt very chaotic, but still under control. Always cheered on allied spellcasters.

5. The World Ends With You (DS). Praises this game for its combat. Demands your attention on a lot of fronts. Asks you to attack (via scratching, circles, the microphone, dashing, and so on) on the bottom screen, dodge enemies, attack with your partner (via D-pad) on the top screen, and also defend your partner. Becomes overwhelming at times. Considers that part of the fun, though. Features easily accessible difficulty sliders too, if necessary. Definitely helped while first learning.

Eevee

Royale/Taller Lizzy
AKA
Lizzy (Taller); Royale; Raere
Time Zone
EST
1. World of Warcraft
The amount of memories I have from this game is unbelievable. I started playing when I was ten and I haven't really stopped. I've taken hiatuses - short and long - from the game but I've always found my way back. I've also met such interesting people and it's the game that let me start coming out of my shell for talking to people online.

2. League of Legends
Similar to the reason above. However, I've met way more people from League of Legends and it's amazing. It's gotten my foot in the door for pursuing a career in video games and I've met great friends - even went to one of their weddings! I even met my first boyfriend from this game.

3. Fortnite
I'm absolute garbage at this game. I don't think I could get a Victory Royale if I was tryharding. Oh well, I have a ton of fun when I do play. Plus, when I play with my groups of friends it's even more fun. Just messing around, yelling, play-flaming, it's fantastic. You definitely need a squad imo or a duo to have fun though.

4. Pokemon Games
Similar to the reason above, but this is just a game that's connected me to a lot of people (read: the forums). I don't really play it too often though, mainly just when new games roll around and then I binge hard for a few months. But, I can always fall back on the games.

5. Sims (specifically 3)
I gotta put my homeboy on here. Who doesn't love sitting there, doing HW, and suddenly thinking: "yo Sims." Then proceeding to binge play for a few weeks at a time before it dies down again. This boi you can count on.

Runner-Ups
Legend of Zelda (specifically Twilight Princess)
I have fond memories of watching my brother play Legend of Zelda, it first got me into video games, really. However, Twilight Princess is the only one that I've ever played - but, I love it so much. I could replay it so many times and not get bored. The story, the visuals, the music - it's amazing all around.
Shadow of the Colossus & Outlast
I haven't actually played either of these games, but I ADORE them. I love watching people play these games and the story in both of them is so freaking good.

Zerade

ralph
1. fire emblem in general, specifically radiant dawn then genealogy of the holy war with awakening bringing up the rear
2. dragon quest 9 (though might get replaced when I get my hands on 11)
3. toss up between kingdom hearts 2 and kingdom hearts 3D
4. final fantasy tactics
5. smash bros in general, smash 4 specifically, though that's likely to change when ultimate comes

Mr.Lamont

Pokemon Oldie
AKA
Dj
Time Zone
EST
Some of my favorite games are:

Civ 5
- Ever since I've first played Civilization I've been hooked. Civ 5 had a lot of great features I loved.

Cities Skylines
-This is one of my favorite city builders.

Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor
-One of my all time favorites, The nemesis system was amazing at the time.

Dodgeball (GBA)
-I remember playing this game all of the time

Stardew Valley
-This is a game play when I want to relax and take my time.

Wheegalure

Big Gamer God
Staff Emeritus
People of Play Counselor
AKA
Nick
1. Super Mario Odyssey
2. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
3. Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair
4. Ace Attorney Investigations: Prosecutor's Path
5. Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

Honorable mentions (unordered): Pokemon Mystery Dungeon - Explorers of Sky, Super Smash Brothers Wii U, Super Mario Galaxy 2, Pokemon Platinum, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Fire Emblem, Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves, Super Mario Strikers, Mario Party 6, Call of Duty Black Ops, Halo Reach, Mario Kart 8