AKA
Anne
3DS FC
3970-0367-7253
Switch FC
6736-1504-8698
IGN
Anne
1. Final Fantasy Tactics (This game means so much to me. I played it an age younger than I probably should have and it was one of the first pieces of media with a mature storyline I ever got into.)

2. Pokemon White/White 2 (Kind of a tie since White 2 is a direct sequel. I loved Pokemon games before Gen 5, but this was the first time I got attached to one of the characters on a deeper level. N will always be one of my favorite characters in any media.)

3. Fire Emblem: Awakening (I attempted the first Fire Emblem that came to the West, but never got very far due to permanent death. Being able to play without it in this game was a life savior. This is just a really great game with many fun characters.)

4. Animal Crossing (I loved New Leaf, but the original GameCube game has a special place in my heart. I played that game a lot as a kid and made many villagers and towns. I'm definitely excited for AC on the Switch next year.)

5. The Witch's House (An incredible RPG Maker horror game with many puzzles and death traps. The story has many dark twists, the main one which completely stunned me. I haven't actually played it myself, but watched many an LP. It feels a little odd to put a game I haven't played myself on the list, but the story of this game sticks with you long after you've experienced it.)

Last edited:

Cynical Toast

Proud Gamer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Caroline
Time Zone
EST
Switch FC
4099-4174-0519
1. Team Fortress 2: Just, man what a banger this one is. It's the game I can just pick up whenever I'm feeling down or having a bad day and just have fun. I've logged 1500+ hours into this thing over the better part of 5 years, and I don't see myself stopping any time soon. This game is an addiction to me.

2. Sonic 3 & Knuckles: I'll concede Mania is probably a better game than this one, but honestly there's a lot I prefer in this game. The aesthetics, the music, the gameplay just yeah. It also helps I played this game when I was like 4, so that's part of why I'm so fond of it.

3. Danganronpa 2: Never before has a game made me care so much for it's characters. Every character in this game was great, even the ones that weren't. It was hard watching most of them die, tbh.

4. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney [Trials & Tribulations]: Honestly not sure how to explain this one, it's just a really good story with great characters. Honestly I could have put Investigations 2 or SOJ here but idk.

5. Pokemon Heart Gold: So much content, so much charm, just so good. Platinum was my favorite for who knows how many years but this one recently dethroned it I guess. It's good.

Honorable Mentions in no particular order: Super Metroid, Portal 2, Shovel Knight, Undertale, Sonic Adventure 2, Super Smash Bros Ultimate, Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door, Spongebob: Battle for Bikini Bottom, Pokemon Platinum, Sonic Mania, Metroid Fusion

neoratz

i wish squids were real
AKA
Katey
Time Zone
EST
THIS IS HARD... i definitely have a top 4 but i'm not sure about my 5th (also i love all the splatoon, animal crossing, and pokemon games but i only added my favorite entries so the list didn't have any repeats)

1. Splatoon 2
2. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
3. Pokemon Platinum
4. Bioshock
5. UMMMM UM UM there's a lot of games i really like and i don't know if i could pick just one for this spot. i guess if i had to come up with an answer on the spot it would be Undertale?

as you can see nintendo has my heart

Coldnx

Ice-Type Enthusiast and Jynx's 1# Fan
AKA
Icey
I mostly consider myself a 'Nintendo Gamer' so for my top 5 I will be sticking to Nintendo Games entirely:

1) Pokemon FireRed/LeafGreen
2) Animal Crossing Gamecube
3) Animal Crossing NewLeaf
4) Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2 (I adore the series, so I'll be putting both despite it probably going against the question)
5) Pokemon Platinum

Honorable Mention: Pokemon Sun/Moon (After many years of waiting, GameFreak buffed Hail Teams so I have to give credit to the thing that got me back into Pokemon)

Mirage

Pokemon Master
AKA
Drake, Mirage, Izzy
Time Zone
(UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada)
Here's my top 5 (one game per franchise to make things interesting and fair)

1. Jak 3 and Zelda: Twilight Princess (we have a tie!). For years these two games have been my #1. I still cannot justify choosing one over the other. Both are very dark games, with epic story, story transitions, atmosphere, boss battles, epic music that invokes all the right emotions out of ya, worlds, art style... everything. Everything is perfect about these 2 games.

3. Uncharted 2. This game is so good that I played the crap out of its online mode, and I'm not an online player since I grew up with and prefer single player. This is the only single/online player game where I dedicated tons of time with each modes. Also, this game on Crushing difficulty is the funnest time I've had playing a video game ever, yes, ever, even more so than Jak 3 and TP. The only reason why this isn't #1 is simply because I've played Jak 3 and TP first, and prefer the art style of those two more.

4. Final Fantasy 13. I don't care what anyone says about this game, this is the best FF game I've ever played. It's graphics are to die for, it's music is to die for, it's world is to die for (well worlds technically, Gran Pulse and Cocoon). Honestly, those 3 things are so good that it makes up for the "hallways", the fact that the game really opens up after you've played 80% of it, the fact that the story and terminology are really hard to follow at first; all of that stuff. In fact, Gran Pulse is my favorite game location of all time. The combat and boss battles are awesome though. Anyone who says that the combat sucks and all you have to do is "press A" isn't a FF fan (yeah that's right, I'm looking at you ProJared!)!

5. Ratchet: Deadlocked. The funniest game I've ever played. The funniest. This game is also the definition of a good, simple, fun time. Whenever I just wanna destroy stuff and have a good laugh, I play this game. I've played almost every game from this franchise, and no game is as fun as this. Whenever I wanna play a PS2 game, it's either the Jak games (including Jak X: Combat Racing) or this game. That's saying something.

And that's that! I would include an honorable mentions list, but that'll include WAAAY too many games! Also, even though this list is mostly Sony games, I'd say I'm equally a Sony and Nintendo gamer.

Psychoreality

Lazy Music Boy
1. Super Mario Odyssey
2. Undertale
3. Super Mario Galaxy 2
4. Hollow Knight
5. The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

I could talk at length about any of these games but I feel like their merits are all well documented.

Flo

Spectacular Genie Superstar
Time Zone
BST
man i've played games that have shook me since that last list

1. Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky
2. NieR:Automata
3. Persona 3 FES
4. Kingdom Hearts 3
5. Gravity Rush

Dragonite

have they found the One Piece yet
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
3DS FC
4682-8983-8215
Switch FC
SW-8460-1905-2708
IGN
Dragonite, usually
I think it's about time to update this list.
1. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (anything)

2. Xenoblade Chronicles (Wii)

3. Super Mario Galaxy (Wii)

4. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (PC)

5. Pokémon HeartGold (DS)

Ella-May Lowell

Junior Trainer
Time Zone
Eastern Standard Time
3DS FC
0920-2050-5910
  1. Fire Emblem: Awakening (3DS)
  2. Super Paper Mario (Wii)
  3. Rune Factory 4 (3DS)
  4. Pokémon Black (DS)
  5. Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask (3DS)

It was so hard to choose, but I think this is my list. It's nice to see so many other Fire Emblem lovers in this thread.

Moonwatcher

/人◕‿‿◕人\
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Shruikan, Moon, ScrollWyrm
Time Zone
BST
#1 Persona 5
#2 Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
#3 Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE
#4 Xenoblade Chronicles X
#5 Super Pokemon Mystery Dungeon

Rockie

Dark Envoy
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Rockie
Time Zone
GMT
3DS FC
5043-2301-9525
Switch FC
SW-0094-9126-2724
IGN
Rockie
Man so many of you guys have great taste
1) Xenoblade Chronicles 2! My absolute favourite, and an unpopular opinion considering how great the first game is. Its a beautiful game, beautiful music, a damn interesting plot and the most important factor for me personally: BURSTING with memorable characters. Zeke Von Genbu is my favourite character of all time. I love X and 1 but 2 just steals the top with its characters.

2) Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time AND/OR Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon
Putting 2 games as my number 2 is a bit stupid but I love them both for similar reasons. In fact I like a lot of my favourite games for the reasons I said in XC2.

3) Persona 5.
I love Persona 3 and 4, but the thing 5 has above both of them is STYLE spelled out in big bold letters covered in gloss and with a big grin. I screamed at 6am when my friend messaged me about Joker being in smash. Also a fun fact is I managed to take Archangel from level 11 all the way to level 66. My favourite persona for a reason I don't actually know. I'd die for Goro Akechi.

4) Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate.
GOD nothing gets my blood pumping more than Monster Hunter, and the ultimate version of what was my favourite game in the series cements how EXCITING it is, especially with the switch graphics. This game really forces me to focus to my limit and I love it for that. My favourite monster is undecided between Valstrax, Ahtal-Ka, Glavenus and Astalos.

5) Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair
It was hard choosing this over all my other faves but I owe DR2 a lot for making me want to write more things and gave me so much inspiration for writing characters! I find that every DR title has at least 1 forgettable case or character but I love every single one in DR2. My favourite character is (as much of a colossal edgy meme he's become) Nagito.

Theres so many series i didn't even mention here, ZeroEscape, main series Pokemon, Hitman, Banjo Kazooie GOD I really love video games funnily enough.

OceanMaster

Regular Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Isiac, Ocean
Time Zone
Central Mountain Time
3DS FC
1220-7225-5483
IGN
Isiac
My favorites are hard to choose but I have a general idea.

1) NBA 2k(10-19, favorite being 16)
Always been a fan of NBA because I love basketball outside of gaming.
2) Pokemon Platinum
My first ever owned pokemon game. My brother bought it for me and I cherish that copy.
3 & 4 are hard to decide, but I chose this.
  1. Legend of Zelda Wind Waker
  2. ^ Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask
So I may recieve hate for this, but I chose wind waker over them because it was honestly the first one I ever beat by myself. Then I beat Ocarina and then Majora's. I love them all to death but I only ranked them this way because of that. (Don't own a Switch)

5) Tremulous (PC)
Oh boy this game has tons of memories for me. I imagine you have never heard of it, but if you are curious I would recommend doing a YouTube search of gameplay. The community is dead now but I loved that game.

Bonuses:
Paper Mario : Thousand Year Door (GC)
If you have never played this game, that is unfortunate. It is amazing. I highly recommend it.

Fortnite, I don't enjoy it alone but I have many amazing memories playing with friends.

Last edited: