SarasaKat

bibb pretty
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Kat
Time Zone
EST
Let's talk sleep. How much sleep do you guys tend to get every night? Is it enough for you? Do you take naps during the day? And what are your dreams like, if you have any?

Vulture

that guy, you know
sleep is a lie perpetrated by the illuminatu

I alternate between not sleeping enough and sleeping far, far too much. There’s no in-between whatsoever.

~Kilza~

The Sun Has Set
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
Time Zone
MST (UTC-7)
So something I've done recently (well, since July of last year) is try to set up a rough idea of when I go to sleep/when I wake up, and so I've got a rough idea of how much sleep I've been getting. So I've averaged 6:30 of sleep in October, and haven't actually averaged 7 in a month at all this year. But I'm somehow making it work.

I rarely have naps nowadays, although I used to have them a lot when I was going to school/university, and my dreams are nice

SarasaKat

bibb pretty
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Kat
Time Zone
EST
sleep is a lie perpetrated by the illuminatu

I alternate between not sleeping enough and sleeping far, far too much. There’s no in-between whatsoever.
Basically me tbh. I got 18 hours once. Though really, I spend more on the far, far too much side, but I'll stay up until 5am and wake up the next day regretting my life decisions.

Something I find interesting is that I dream in color, while my dad dreams in black and white. My dreams are absolutely amazing, and I've been trying to loosely keep a dream log these days just to keep up with their insanity (the animal shapeshifting theocracy one was an absolute wild time).

Reunilu

Reddest of Mages
AKA
Shaymin, Nagi
I sleep anywhere between seven to nine hours a night. My sleep schedule is a bit too normal, you might say. I go to bed at midnight 'cause of FFXIV raiding, but wake up around seven in the morning purely because I really like the way the morning light comes through my window.

As for dreams, I don't remember a whole lot of them. I do remember dreaming about Dragalia Lost's OST (which has a GREAT soundtrack, by the way) which was hilarious to wake up to. Apart from that, the only dreams that I can remember are a series of 16 dreams between the months of February (this year) and temporarily stopping in June, and reoccuring in October. They all revolve around this one guy I had a major crush on in high school and I consider it to be a part of a bigger, four month long drama that would just derail the post altogether.

The first three occured between February and April 14th. Very normal things about liking a guy. Dreams 4 to 14 occured between post-April 14th and June, a lot of which are about me being miserable and just having normal interactions with guy crush. Dreams 15 and 16 I think just happened because I've been watching a lot of K-dramas and I was/am really bitter and angry about what happened.

Last edited:

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Ben
Time Zone
UTC -8 (Pacific Time)
3DS FC
3540-0538-1086
Switch FC
SW-1778-2704-5495
IGN
Benjamin
I sleep about 8-10 hours a night. My dreams tend to my involve me walking around a building or interacting with my former classmates. I have disliked naps since I was a baby. The only times I have taken naps is when I am sick. Otherwise, I'm asleep from 9:00 P.M. to 7 A.M.

Last edited:

-Rosen

Bored
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Cleb
I get a grand total of seven hours of sleep a night on average, though that doesn't take into account that I can sleep for two hours one night and 12 hours the next night.

BreeZaps

The Lightning Star
AKA
Bree
I mostly go to bed around 10 or 11 depending on how tired I am. I wake up around 7 or 8 so it's pretty normal for me. :)

ninetales

Advanced Trainer
Staff Emeritus
Most of my family and I are short sleepers, so we sleep about 4-6 hours a night. I usually work until 1 am so most nights I go to bed at 2am. I wake up at around 8 am.

smoky

afterglow
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
My family goes to bed pretty early except for me and my sister. I'm up until 1 AM on a good day, and on bad days, 2-4 AM. On weekends, I wake up really late; anywhere from 10-noon. On weekdays I wake up around 7:30ish, although I wanna wake up earlier so I can get ready for school a lot faster. Just kinda depends for me I guess.

I've been a hardcore insomniac for a while now so I have to listen to ASMR before bed or else I'll ever be able to sleep. It's really brutal if I can't listen to it and I end up sleeping horribly or not at all.

Alsooo, I've had my current sleeping schedule for a couple years now and I'm still exhausted on weekdays until 1 PM and then I'm really hyper and can't sit still. It's an issue but I don't have time or energy to work on it.

Arceus

Prismatic Trainer
AKA
James, Chandelure
Time Zone
EST
6-8 hours pretty solidly. I used to sleep in on weekends but I don't really anymore, and when I do it's because I stayed up until like 3 the night before, so it still comes out to like 7 hours or something.

Lazuli

✧ Star Fish ✧
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Kaity and Bijou
Time Zone
GMT -6
3DS FC
3840-6615-2879
IGN
Kaity, Bijou, Lapis, or Lazuli (depends on the game)
It just depends. Varies from as little as 5 or 6 hours to as much as 11 hours.

colours

Regular Trainer
AKA
Angie/Angelica
Five hours on average.

If I can get that amount of sleep, I'm good for the whole day. I can survive on less through provided I have stuff like caffiene to help me out.

Varhii

Shaggy Webber
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
AKA
SG
Time Zone
EST
I'm usually getting 9. Issue is I don't go to bed at a set time.

Pendraflare

Eat up, bud.
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Scott, Pendra
Time Zone
EST
I get tired real easily, contrary to some in this thread. I end up going to sleep usually after 11 PM most of the time. And I tend to get in often seven or eight hours, waking up often between 6:30 or 7:30.

Biohazard

Cool Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
i go to the bed around 11-12 and wake up at 7:30. on weekdays i do whatever i want

DozerZigashi

Junior Trainer
I’m an insomniac with a sleep schedule that might as well as not exist. Any given night I’ll get anywhere from 3 to 6 hours of sleep, if I sleep. It’s not uncommon for me to be awake for 30+ hours at a time. My record is about 70 hours without sleep.

It has gotten better in recent years. But it’s also gotten harder to function on less than 4 hours of sleep. I don’t tend to take naps though, since it’s impossible for me to have a nap that is less than 3 hours in length. It just doesn’t go well.

Dregran

Shocking Trainer
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
UTC +10
I get between 6 to 8 hours sleep. Less or more makes me feel unsettled. I do not nap during the day, forcing myself to stay awake until 10 pm at the earliest. Occasionally I'll stay up longer or go to bed earlier, but my wake up time is consistently 8 hours after sleeping (without an alarm).

theDINOsaurus

Golden Flower
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Dino, Christy
I usually aim to get at least 7 hours, but it doesn't always work out that way. A lot of you already know I work night shift, so I usually sleep from around 8:30 am - 3:30 pm after a work night or from around 5 am - 1 pm on nights off. This does vary some, though, particularly as far as what time I actually go to sleep. I don't generally nap on purpose, but I do sometimes take accidental naps. I rarely have dreams I remember.

Pantheon

Right. On. Cue!
Staff Emeritus
Between 4 and 8 depending on the day. It's awfully erratic and not at all healthy, I should really do better to fix it now that I'm getting older, hehe.